First a recipe and then the awards :-)
Potato Sandwich :
This is a very filling evening snack and is quick and easy to make. My sandwich toaster was hidden in a corner in one of the closets and i found(!) it when i was searching for something else.
I took pity on the toaster and decided to give it another chance and made this potato sandwich ;-) The filling is very similar to the masala we make for Pooris, but is a quicker version and is not so gooey.
Potatos - 6
Onions - 2
Green chillies - 3 (for medium spice level)
Frozen Peas - 1 cup
Mustard seeds, urad daal and hing for seasoning
Cilantro - for garnishing
Salt to taste
Whole wheat bread slices ( as much as you want :))
1. Peel and cut the potatos into cubes and add the frozen peas and sprinkle some water and steam it in the microwave till it's well cooked.
2. While the potatos are cooking, chop the onions and green chillies.
3. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan, pop the mustard seeds.
4. Add urad daal and hing and fry till the daal is golden brown.
5. Add green chillies and saute for a minute.
6. Add onions and saute till it is translucent.
7. Add the cooked potatos and peas and salt and cook for few minutes.
8. Add cilantro and mix well.
9. Take two bread slices and apply butter (optional). Place the filling between the slices and toast it in the sandwich toaster. Enjoy with ketchup or Maggi sauce .
I am sending this to
2)PJ's Tasty Bites for toddlers. I am eagerly waiting for the round up of these two events to get more recipes for the 2 picky eaters i have ;-)
Now to the awards from my wonderful friends :
To start with, Anu passed this beautiful award
The award states that-These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
Now, picking just 8 blogger friends?! That's one tough cookie, but a rule is a rule..I pass this to
Indhu, Varsha, Divz, Sanghi, Jaishree, Viki, Shama and Akal
I am sure that these friends will pass it on my other friends :)
Anu , Akal, Divz, Raji and Jaishree passed me the cute circle of friends award
I pass this to Ann, Archy , Asha, Ashwini, Aquadaze, Cham, Chandani, Chitra, DeepaHari, Deepti, Dershana, EC, Gita, HappyCook, Harini, Hema, Indhu, Keerthana, Lubna, Lavanya, Madhu, Madhumati, Mahi, Malar, Medhaa, Nithya Praveen, Neema, Paru, Pavithra ,Pooja, Preety, Premy, Priya, Priya Sriram, RamyaBala, Rathna, Roochi, Sathya, Sanghi, Shama, Sowmya, Suma, Swapna, Uma, Usha , Varanavi, Varsha, Vidhas,Vij, Viki, Yasmeen and a non-blogger friend Jeyashri Suresh. I wish the 'circle of friends' grows bigger and bigger :)
Sanghi, Priya and Shama passed me the following awards :