I made it the way my husband makes it, by adding whipping cream. It really makes a big difference. Milkshake tastes very creamy and yummy and we all love it. When i started typing this my son Ashu came and asked me to mention that it's yummier than the strawberry lassi :-)
Strawberries - 10
Milk - 1.5 cups
Whipping cream - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 spoons
Honey - 1 spoon
This is the first time i am using honey in a milk shake so i started with a small quantity and it was good. I am thinking of using just honey the next time i make it. The strawberries weren't too sweet, so i used 2 spoons of sugar.
Chop the strawberries and blend it with little milk. Add honey, sugar, whipping cream and rest of the milk and blend it well. Serve chilled.
Just for the picture, i topped it with some whipped cream and by the time i got to taking pictures, it started spreading and created a wierd texture on top of the milkshake :(
I am sending this to FIC Pink hosted by Priya. FIC event was originally started by Harini.
Microwave Chivda with cereal:
Here's another entry for Priya...This time a savory snack that's healthy too .
This is similar to the MW Chivda. Instead of sending the old recipe, i made some changes to it and am sending this for Priya's MEC : Savory Snacks, originally started by Srivalli.
Rice flakes (Thin) - 1 cup
Green chillies - 3
Corn flakes - 1/2 cup
Blanched almonds - 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
Oil - 2 spoons
Red chilli powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Spread the blanched almonds in a microwave safe plate.
2. Sprinkle a pinch of red chilli powder and some salt.
3. Sprinkle few drops of oil and mix well and spread it again
4. Microwave for 3 minutes - Stirring in between every minute.
5. Let it cool.
6. Take a microwave safe bowl, add 2 spoons of oil, finely chopped chillies, a pinch of turmeric powder and cumin seeds.
7. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir and repeat for another 45 seconds to 1 min. By now, the chillies should look fried.
8. Add the rice flakes (poha) and salt and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring in between every minute.
9. Add the cereal - i used honey bunches of oats since i didn't have cornflakes. It had mild sweet taste, but was good. Microwave it for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
10. Remove and add the roasted spicy almonds and mix well.
Enjoy with a hot cuppa chai :D
I am also sending the chivda to :
1. JZ's Let's go nuts with Almonds
2. PJ's Tasty bytes for toddlers