Today my blog turns 3 and today is also my brother's wedding anniversary..so that calls for a sweet recipe :)
I made brownies adapted from sailusfood with slight changes to it. These tasted great..what can go wrong when there is so much butter :)
I made these for my little one when my first son went to watch a movie with his friend. My little one loves cashews, so i added some and they tasted so good. Even my first son who doesn't like nuts in cakes or brownies ate it without complaining.
Butter - 1/2 cup ( 1 stick)
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/3 cup
All purpose flour / whole wheat pastry flour - 1/2 cup
Cashews (chopped) - handful
1) Melt the butter in microwave for approximately a minute
2) Add sugar and mix well
3) Add one egg at a time and whisk well
4) Add cocoa, cashews and flour and mix well
5) In the meanwhile preheat oven to 350F and keep a baking pan greased and ready
6) Spread the brownie mix in the pan and bake it for approximately 35 minutes.
The edges should be slighltly dry and the top should look cracked.
7) Let it cool and cut it into squares.