Sunday, June 1, 2008

Oatmeal Rava Dosa / Oatmeal and Cream of Wheat Pancakes


Getting back to recipes... I have few more recipes waiting for a long time. I didnt have time to download the pictures to the pc and i didnt want to post any recipes without any pictures.


Ingredients :

Toasted Instant Oatmeal - 1 cup (dry grind it)
Rava (Cream of wheat) - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1 cup
Buttermilk - 1 cup
Water - as per the consistency
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds- 1/2 spoon (approx)
grated carrot - 1 cup (optional)
green chillies - finely chopped and as per taste (optional)
cilantro - finely chopped
fenugreek leaves - finely chopped (optional)


Mix all the ingredients and let it soak for atleast an hour. Add more water if necessary. The consistency should be as thin as rava dosa batter. Heat the dosa girdle and make dosas. I tried making it as thin as rava dosa but was not successful. It was little thicker than that.

The picture that i have posted is the kids version without green chillies and little thicker. I didnt have cilantro or fenugreek leaves either.

I am sending this to 'Pancakes on Parade' Event

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for this great & easy recipe. I love savories for breakfast. A stack of these would be a great start to my day. : )

I'll have the round-up online in a few more days.

Sunshinemom said...

Very nice recipe, Vibaas! Perfect for a great start to a great day:)

Beyond Curries said...

I'm loving this recipe. We consume oats regularly and now I know another way to use it. Thanks for the recipe.

I think you have not registered with www.connect.sailusfood.com. Please do it, so that your posts will be updated there as and when you update your blog and you will have more visitors.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs